In recent years, traditional methods of marketing utilised for decades have been overtaken by a more digitalised approach. Although traditional marketing methods are still in use today in order to maintain campaigns, digital marketing is becoming the forefront of a company’s operation. With the increasing need for digital marketing skills in the workplace comes plentiful opportunities to delve into a digital marketing career. Below are just some of the career paths you can follow after completing a digital marketing degree.
Online PR Manager
The role of an online PR manager is to utilise different communication platforms and to portray an employer in the best possible way. In addition to this, online PR managers put together press conferences, promote good press and deal with crisis situations.
Some skills which are advantageous for the role of PR Manager are;
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal.
- A sound understanding of social media channels.
- High motivation and the ability to work under stressful conditions.
- Solid time management and organisational skills.
- The ability to present confidently.
Social Media Manager
Social media managers are responsible for creating a strategy for an organisation’s social media presence. This must be in line with the objectives of said organisation. This can be done through gaining consumer feedback, managing campaigns and utilising online analytics tools.
Some skills which are advantageous for the role of Social Media Manager are;
- An in-depth understanding of social media.
- A full understanding of the use of platforms such as Google Analytics and how to utilise algorithms to best meet social media objectives.
- Good time management in order to meet deadlines.
- Strong teamwork skills to help guide the team towards reaching overall goals.
- Creative thinking skills and the ability to think outside the box.
An SEO Manager is responsible for putting in place a search engine optimisation strategy for their organisation or several external organisations. This could involve anything from keyword strategies to analysing analytics on platforms such as Google Analytics.
Some skills which are useful for the role of SEO Manager are;
- Solid understanding of the SEO process.
- Good knowledge of analytical programmes.
- Ability to solve problems at a fast pace.
- Able to manage time efficiently.
- High knowledge of HTML, basic Microsoft applications and CSS.
These are just a few of the jobs related to a degree in digital marketing – there will be many more available to you as you gain such a wide variety of skills. If you are still considering undertaking a degree in digital marketing, click here to find out more.